The Chamber of Commerce was founded in 2019 in Zurich. As an independent association according to the article 60 of the Swiss Civil Code, the Chamber supports the economic relations between Switzerland, Europe and Kurdistan (the Kurdish region of Northern Iraq).
The Chamber is politically and ideologically neutral and is funded by membership fees and services. The Chamber does not receive governmental financial support, neither from the Swiss nor the Kurdish authorities.
Our members are Swiss, European and Kurdish companies and individuals. Our work is based on cooperation with authorities and other trade associations.
What we want
The purpose of the Chamber is to promote the economic relationships between Switzerland, Europe and Kurdistan (the Kurdish region of Northern Iraq) in accordance with the principle of reciprocity, in particular by means of
- cooperation in promoting and facilitating trade, industry and financial benefit for parties.
- improving and extending economic, industrial and technical cooperation between Switzerland, Europe and Kurdistan (the Kurdish region of Northern Iraq) in collaboration with private entities and public institutions that aspire to the same or similar objectives.
- promoting the exchange of technologies and know-how and supporting efforts to establish joint ventures in all business areas.
- provision of suitable contacts to business and politics in Switzerland, Europe and / or Kurdistan (the Kurdish region of Northern Iraq).
- organising reciprocal visits.
Who we are — Board
President: Dr. Marcel Keller, Attorney at Law /Partner, bellpark legal ltd
Vice-President: Mr. Talib Ussi, Entrepreneur
Members of the Board
Dr. Fauzi Kaddur, Advisor
Mr. Giovanni Gaggini, Attorney at Law /Partner, bellpark legal ltd
Mr. Natiq Mukawel, Entrepreneur
Mr. Ibrahim Korish, Entrepreneur
The Statutes of Association define the business purpose and our basic organisational framework.